Monday, June 05, 2006

Low energy levels

I feel that the level of posting in my blog is a fair guide to my general energy level. Yeah, low. Creative energy, joie de vivre, Chi - I'm missing whatever it is that drives talent and focuses the mind. It hit a low just before my trip to Europe, and I hope that I can pick up a new creative lease on life in the following weeks. When I step back and take a look at what my self-publishing work could be, the one thing I want to avoid is the kind of self-centered belly-button gazing that most people's blogs are. I know that having a theme is the ultimate goal, but unfortunately the easiest thing to do after clicking "sign on" is to start a stream of dear diary bullshit that would only interest a mother or a dedicated stalker. So, the new law will be themes and topics. Stream of consciousness might work for Hunter S. Thompson, but that's not how I roll, baby.

I'm gonna wake up my muse and slap that bitch into action.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger annie said...

i agree with the dear diary bullshit haha but i thought people would be interested in me life aye, or atleast those who know me. though my reaction to that would go something like 'don't u have anything better to do?' hahhaa we need to stick together (and find some blogger friends), that shall hopefully get us going. if not, tell me a funny story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home